MELVILLE, NY, July 6, 2021 – Microsoft Teams has become an integral part of day-to-day communication and collaboration for many organizations. Canon U.S.A., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is excited to announce an update to uniFLOW Online, an award-winning output management solution that allows for tight integration with customer workflows.
Designed to optimize the user experience for maximum flexibility, uniFLOW Online 2021.2’s integration with Microsoft Teams can help to increase office productivity by allowing customers to print from and scan to Microsoft Teams with ease. Users are able to access their Microsoft Teams account directly from the user interface of compatible Canon multifunction printers, where they can then navigate to a specific Team or Channel and search through the available folders to select the file(s) for printing. By browsing or searching for the Team or Channel from the device user interface, users can also scan documents, define file names, and add a subject and message that will be posted with the scanned document.
Additional key feature updates now available with uniFLOW Online 2021.2 include:
- Device User Interface (UI) Design Improvements
- The new interface incorporates a modern look and feel. Development of the new device UI will be introduced in phased stages with this first iteration enabling customization of the device’s touchscreen to change the background image and color of buttons, reconfigure the layout to better suit their needs, as well as show or hide the side menu bar.
- Budget Replenishment via PayPal Payment Option
- uniFLOW Online 2021.2 is equipped to allow students to recharge their accounts through PayPal, providing educational establishments the ability to charge students for their printing and copying activity. This simple and easy-to-use integration, which adds to existing budgeting applications, makes it easier for students and staff to manage their funds. Funds can easily be added to an account by utilizing:
- PayPal account
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Enhanced Support for Canon imageRUNNER & imageCLASS Devices
- These compact, often desktop, Canon devices can be a key element when designing a print management solution for your customer, especially in hybrid work environments. With this new release, the supported feature set has been expanded, further standardizing functionality across supported Canon devices. Compatible Canon imageRUNNER & imageCLASS devices now support the following uniFLOW Online features:
- Print via cloud
- Cost center selection at the device
- Automatic scan-size detection (for A3 devices)
- Mobile Print Release on Any Supported Brand of Printer- Submitted print jobs can be released easily and securely using the uniFLOW Online Print & Scan app by simply scanning a QR code. Already available on Canon devices, the expanded support for additional models has been developed specifically to help improve the user experience for authenticated printing and scanning on a mixed fleet of devices.
“As businesses continue to navigate through new ways of working, it is imperative they are equipped with easy-to-use solutions which are designed to help improve communication and efficiency in both the physical and remote office spaces,” said Shinichi Yoshida, executive vice president and general manager, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Building upon the foundation of the platform that allows users to print, scan, and share documents with ease, the enhancements delivered with uniFLOW Online 2021.2 helps address this need.”
Core uniFLOW Online functionalities are being continuously upgraded and many minor enhancements are also included with uniFLOW Online 2021.2. For more information, please visit www.usa.canon.com.